Dear CBA Members, Festival Goers, Bluegrass Fans, Musicians, and Pickers,
It is with deep sadness that the CBA Board of Directors must announce the postponement of the 45th Father’s Day Festival, which was to be held June 18-21, 2020 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, Grass Valley, California. The CBA Music Camp and Youth Academy held during the festival week are also postponed for this year.
Our primary consideration in making this decision is the safety and health of all our festival
participants, musicians, vendors, and volunteers. Given the significant uncertainty about the progress of the COVID-19 pandemic, it appears increasingly likely that the crisis will continue through June and beyond. In light of this, we believe the safest option is to cancel this year’s festival and begin working towards other initiatives to support our community during these tough times. We will, of course, also be planning the best festival ever for 2021 and beyond.
We also made this choice in order to preserve the health and long-term future of the California Bluegrass Association. If we wanted to be sure that we would have a festival to return to next summer, we had to choose to cancel this year’s festival before circumstances forced our hand.
If you are a Festival, Music Camp, or Youth Academy attendee and have already purchased tickets, or have purchased Full Hookup or Electric-only campsites, you can request a refund within 90 days at www.fathersdayfestival.com. For any questions or concerns about this refund policy, please contact us at [email protected], or by mail at PO Box 255561, Sacramento, CA 95865.
If you would instead prefer to donate your ticket purchase as a sustaining contribution to the CBA, we would be immensely grateful for your support during this challenging time — just click the box on the web site link above.
Further information and updates will be posted in the Bluegrass Breakdown, our web pages, and CBA Facebook and Instagram feeds. We will also send updates by email to CBA members and festival participants.
We have several other scheduled events in the coming months including the Golden Old-Time
Campout in August and our Fall Campout scheduled for the week of October 12-18, 2020. The CBA Board will track the progression of the pandemic, will monitor local, state, and national directives and restrictions, and will post updates as necessary closer to their scheduled dates.
Be safe, be careful, and be well.
Chair, California Bluegrass Association Board of Directors